Any plans for 'iterator' support?

Topics: Developer Forum
Jan 10, 2007 at 10:54 AM
e.g. IEnumerator<ITask> from CCR? I've found this arbitration very useful.

Nick.
Jan 10, 2007 at 11:10 AM
Actually, any chance I could contribute to this project as a developer?
Coordinator
Jan 10, 2007 at 5:57 PM
Yes. I wanted to get the basics done and thought of putting that last. But agree it is a good thing to have. The code now is pretty solid, so I guess that could be next.
Coordinator
Jan 10, 2007 at 6:00 PM
Yes. I would enjoy one another dev. Do you have any projects up here I could take a look at? Are you dev now on any project here? Thanks!
--wjs
Jan 11, 2007 at 10:34 AM
No and no. First os project for me, but an experienced (15 yrs) dev, from a C/C++, then C# (last 4 years) background. Work on derivatives trading platforms hence the interest in concurrency, I/O coordination and scalability.

Understand if you are hesitant about handing project logins out. I'll probably just take source zip, have a go at the iterator and send it to you for review.

Thanks
Nick.
Coordinator
Jan 11, 2007 at 3:43 PM
Added Iterator support. See Selector.SelectOneIterator. Did not derive another class, but just leveraged SelectOne. Added a Disabled event to Selector so it can know explicitly when a selector is done and Move to next selector.

PS - This is my firt os project also, so new to me as well. And new to VSTS source control. I would welcome some help. We would just need to work together. I would be nervous about opening up primary library for check-in right away, but there are all kinds of stuff this project can use right now - i.e. wiki docs, xml docs, code reviews, the empty test project needs all tests, more working samples, etc. So if your still interested, I would love the help. At some point I would just unlock the primary library (or forget to lock it for check-in). Still interested? Cheers.

--
William
Jan 24, 2007 at 11:55 AM
Sorry for the delay in replying. Closed-source work commitments ;-)

I'm happy to chip-in where I can. I've got a few questions which I'll post in the forums. I don't have team edition so i can'r run the tests right now, but I have been looking at the code.
Coordinator
Jan 24, 2007 at 9:20 PM
"I'm happy to chip-in where I can. I've got a few questions which I'll post in the forums. I don't have team edition so i can'r run the tests right now, but I have been looking at the code."

Great. Maybe I should unit test in NUnit as this will probably be an issue for others as well. I will try to add that.
Coordinator
Jan 24, 2007 at 9:36 PM
This discussion has been copied to Work Item 7604. You may wish to continue further discussion there.